Thursday 15 September 2011

Summer Assignment - Final Drawing

I am very relieved that I have now completed the summer assignment!  I struggled to find which item I wanted to progress, as none of the remaining sketches and ideas seemed sufficient in their own right.  As a result, after my first attempt to create a set of images from the barn near our holiday cottage in the style of 'Paper Dolls' by Jacqueline Groang; I reverted back to one of my initial thoughts to create a booklet style submission.  I've probably cheated here, as I have included several holiday items in one piece of work.  I've tried books before, with limited success, and this one is OK but I would have been happier to have taken this forward with some type of stitching or additional embellishment, but I have stuck to the brief.  The pages include the re-cycled barn images, along with some sea life, old apple press, and days out in North Devon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment