Thursday 1 September 2011

The Big Knit

My one and only follower has complained about the lack of posts on my Blog!  Do not panic, I have been beavering away (as well he knows), and I'm working my way through my draft sketches for my FdA summer assignment and hope to post the final outcomes shortly to my blog (or at least before I go to Uni!).
In the meantime, as a bit on the side, I've been doing some knitting for the Innocent Drink people for their 2011 The Big Knit (see their website http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/bigknit/).   I much prefer knitting little things so I've been knitting hats for their smoothie drinks and my creations will be bought by some poor suspecting persons later this year.  I've named my current collection 'Cookies & Cream' and as you can see in the photos the colour scheme is chocolate themed.  Hoping to move into more lively colours if I get time, I particulary like the knitted flowers with beaded embellishments, I've knitted these 'in the round' with scraps of double knit, which saves having to sew the seam at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment