Monday 22 October 2012

3D Fabrics

I've decided as part of my hand in for the Innovations project that I will include some fabric manipulation and stitched items.  So far I've concentrated on the 3D spheres made from siminay which has been screen printed, but I feel I have to be true to my own interests and include pieces that I would be happy to present, representing my preferred textile techniques.  I stitched together some little pillows from the 'The Art of Manipulating Fabric', which I found to be quite challenging ensuring that they were truly circular (and in some cases there are just not as round as I would have liked!).  Before I stuffed the pillows I decided to experiment with the shapes creating a very satisfactory, if very temporary, tower.  Once the pillows were stuffed, I tried out some further pebble arrangements to see how I could potentially use the pillows for possible future projects.  In all honesty I think I prefer the outcomes of the experiments than the final planned piece - I guess sometimes the journey is better than the end result!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment