Thursday 1 December 2011

What can you do with three words?

I've been very remiss and not updated my blog since starting Uni.  Its all been a bit full on to say the least and I've been settling in and working on designated projects and visual exploration through my three allocated words:
  • FRAGILE
  • URBAN
  • TRAPPED
I've been exploring ideas associated with houses, roofs, windows and doors, spiders, cobwebs, ellipses and diamonds amongst other things.  I've been working on Textile Visual Studies, exploring visual language as well as an introduction to Textile Techniques: having now completed screen printing workshops, knitting - hand and machine (and I liked it so much a bought a machine thanks to Ebay!) and of course, my favourite stitching.  Fantastic inspiration by guest speaker Alison Willougby http://www.alisonwilloughby.com/ has totally inspired me and I've been encouraged to do some hand sewing by the girls.  So I've now created a long list of ideas to choose from.   We've got a big hand in after Christmas for print, knit and stitch.  I've finished my print, having established that I will never be a printer, but here is my most successful print, hand painted procion dye onto fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment